2016 Gathering models have been selected.

The place to find out anything and everything about the MC Gathering of Friends - Held every July in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

2016 Gathering models have been selected.

Postby Jimgallegos » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:10 am

THEY HAVE BEEN SELECTED COMPLETE WITH DESIGNS. Because my dear friend Marcel does not like them in a clam shell, both the dinner and dealer models will be in the plastic cases. I think the choices will be very popular and hope you al do as well. Start planning for the Gathering. Dinner reservations will start at midnight, Mountain Standard Time on 31, Dec. 2015. Watch the Lamley Blog, as well as Matchboxworld and mc_gathering Instagram pages, and on Facebook, Matchbox Collectors Gathering and Mattel Landy Travels pages.

Finally, I will offer 1 set (1 2nd 75 Dinner and one Dealer model) to a lucky person who visits this board. Details to come.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

matchboxmarcel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: 2016 Gathering models have been selected.

Postby matchboxmarcel » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:33 am

haha Jim, that's a good one !

marcel

adbutler
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby adbutler » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:45 am

Gee, that's bloody organised Jim..... :D
MAJORETTE..... this is how a 3inch diecast vehicle is made Mattel!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm

adbutler wrote:Gee, that's bloody organised Jim..... :D

I was thinking that too, but then realised the next gathering is only about 6 months away so allowing for production is probably spot on. Of course with just over 6 months to go, now would be a good time to start organising the tickets and travel arrangements as well if you are going along.

copcar65

Postby copcar65 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Jim,

My Dad Louis turns 91 in December and has been collecting Matchbox since the 60s. He was member #22 in Harold Colpitt's American International Matchbox club. (He used to write the updates for Superfast catalog.) I'm trying to convince him to make the trip. Hopefully I'll get to meet all of you whom I've been posting with all these years.

Paul Sicard
Copcar65

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:54 am

matchboxmarcel wrote:haha Jim, that's a good one !

marcel

It's very true. I appreciate all your hard work in maintaining the listing of all cased models and want to be sure to work together to support your efforts.
Jim Gallegos. Thanks to all who were a part of the 2015 Matchbox Collectors Gathering. Start planing for 2016. Dates are 15-17 July 2016. Registration Starts 31. Dec. at midnight MST Email me for details. matchb0x1@aol.com

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:55 am

copcar65 wrote:Jim,

My Dad Louis turns 91 in December and has been collecting Matchbox since the 60s. He was member #22 in Harold Colpitt's American International Matchbox club. (He used to write the updates for Superfast catalog.) I'm trying to convince him to make the trip. Hopefully I'll get to meet all of you whom I've been posting with all these years.

Paul Sicard
Copcar65

Hi Paul,

I would love to meet you and your father. I would love to him to share some of the knowledge and history he has gained over the years. I am sure we all could learn a bit from him. I hope it works out.

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:59 am

adbutler wrote:Gee, that's bloody organised Jim..... :D

Actually, the 2016 Gathering planning started in May 2015. This is required in order to reserve the venue and work up our contract with Mattel, (which is signed and in hand since last October.) Mattel is working very hard to listen to the collector world and make the Gathering bigger and better. It looks like the Superlift will be here once again and I have some surprises in store for all to participate. We will once again stream worldwide as well. Hope you all can join us. Start planning now.

Vinra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Vinra » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Jim, since we're planning for 2016 already, could you check the dates listed in your signature block for next year? The dates you show are for a Monday thru Wednesday. :?:

The flyer given out at the 2015 Gathering shows the 2016 dates as July 15,16 & 17, which are Saturday thru Monday, and I doubt that's right either. :shock:

For those of us who only use this site for Gathering info, it would be helpful to get this confirmed.

Jimgallegos
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby Jimgallegos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Vinra wrote:Jim, since we're planning for 2016 already, could you check the dates listed in your signature block for next year? The dates you show are for a Monday thru Wednesday. :?:

The flyer given out at the 2015 Gathering shows the 2016 dates as July 15,16 & 17, which are Saturday thru Monday, and I doubt that's right either. :shock:

For those of us who only use this site for Gathering info, it would be helpful to get this confirmed.

15, 16, and 17 July 2016 are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll update my Signature Block. Must have been a tough day. Sorry. See you all here.

Return to “MC Gathering of Friends”