HEY BUD !! THAT'S BIG BUD TO YOU !!

The place to discuss anything you like about any farming related diecast
bigtractormike
Elite Member
Elite Member

HEY BUD !! THAT'S BIG BUD TO YOU !!

Postby bigtractormike » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 am

Hey all,

As many of you know i have a big thing for tractors, especially LARGE multiple wheel 4 x 4 tractors . I have been accumulating anything farming for many many years now and have tons of stuff in boxes. Well it's time to go thru the boxes and see what is what. What to keep what to pass on to others.

As summer is almost here, the AC is now on so soon I will be considered a shut it after work, time to be taking lots of pics. At least that is my plan.

So here is my first post in the big boys series of tractors.

BIG BUDS !!

I have three of these boxed stuffed in a box forgotten about, I have lately accumulate a lot more , but those are for later.

On to the Buds !!

These are ERTL 1/64 th die-cast tractors , they came in a open window cardboard box. Some dusting was required !! DOHH !!

BIG BUD 525 / 50

BIG BUD 400 / 30 (single wheel

BIG BUD 525 / 84 w / plow 9 single wheel)

Big Bud has been making manufacturing tractors since 1969, specializing in large horsepower units from 300 HP to 980 HP . they are or were based out of Haure, MT 59501.

thanks for looking !!

On a side note, I need an opinion on the "grass" in the pic. Is it working, too much, need to use a more plain base ?? LMK what you think. Have picked up some burlap type material so it looks more like a field scene.

btm

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HEY BUD !! THAT'S BIG BUD TO YOU !!

Postby admin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:26 am

The models look great Mike and I love the grass as well, very realistic

Keith1950

Postby Keith1950 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I have a couple Big Bud tractor models. The real tractor was built in Havre, Montana. My cousins that there had a couple of them at the time. You don't see many of them anymore, models or the real thing. Thanks for sharing.

bigtractormike
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby bigtractormike » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Keith1950 wrote:I have a couple Big Bud tractor models. The real tractor was built in Havre, Montana. My cousins that there had a couple of them at the time. You don't see many of them anymore, models or the real thing. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Keith !!

many more pics to come !! Hope my camera holds out !!

Feel free to post some of your tractor pics Keith !!

btm

guy64

Postby guy64 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 am

Cool tractors indeed!

And thanks for the info about Big Bud. We (my wife, actually) have a side hobby collecting 1/64 farm equipment. (It all goes with our S gauge trains.) We have only one Big Bud model. It's by Scale Models, which I think was a company related in some sense to Ertl.

Ours is a 6x6. I don't know much about it. The BB model # is 370, colors are torquois-on-white.

Sorry, no pix. I tried to get Bert to pose with it, but he says it's "too dangerous to let that thing on the back lot."

Personally, I think he's a little scared of it.

Re: the grass... it looks very good in the first two pix, but appears to have gone nuclear in the 3rd and 4th pix. Could be a white balance issue.

bigtractormike
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby bigtractormike » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:00 pm

guy64 wrote:Cool tractors indeed!

And thanks for the info about Big Bud. We (my wife, actually) have a side hobby collecting 1/64 farm equipment. (It all goes with our S gauge trains.) We have only one Big Bud model. It's by Scale Models, which I think was a company related in some sense to Ertl.

Ours is a 6x6. I don't know much about it. The BB model # is 370, colors are torquois-on-white.

Sorry, no pix. I tried to get Bert to pose with it, but he says it's "too dangerous to let that thing on the back lot."

Personally, I think he's a little scared of it.

Re: the grass... it looks very good in the first two pix, but appears to have gone nuclear in the 3rd and 4th pix. Could be a white balance issue.

Thanks Chuck !! Not sure what happened in the last two pics, I try, need to get back into it !! What is your wife into ?? have tons of ERTL tractor / implement models available.

LMK

thanks, btm

guy64

Postby guy64 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:16 am

btm...

When it comes to farm equipment the wife-unit would probably collect any size, but I've managed to keep her focused on 1/64 scale. She has so much already that most of it remains stored away in boxes at any given time.

Still, it would be interesting to know what 1/64 stuff you have.

What we really need is space. More display space. Got any of that to sell?

bigtractormike
Elite Member
Elite Member

Postby bigtractormike » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:32 am

guy64 wrote:btm...

When it comes to farm equipment the wife-unit would probably collect any size, but I've managed to keep her focused on 1/64 scale. She has so much already that most of it remains stored away in boxes at any given time.

Still, it would be interesting to know what 1/64 stuff you have.

What we really need is space. More display space. Got any of that to sell?

Hey Chuck,

When it comes to space, that's what we all have none of anymore !! You can go as wide as the room and as high as the ceiling and then start the rows !! LOL

I have thousands of ERTL 1/64 th pieces, most tractor / implement manufactures , mostly loose, about 1/3 carded, tubs and tubs of it, I'm trying to concentrate on the big 4 x 4 models like the ones shown here, have a few display cases set up, but haven't got around to filling them yet, maybe this winter.

btm

Return to “Farming”